View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #31
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: another season down the drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I didn't - I think they were as good as this team in spite of him. For all these improvements everyone talks about throughout the team, it isn't showing up on the field. The overall talent isn't as good.

Basically you are disagreeing with me to say the same thing. Take away the QBs, and that team was better.
Its starting to sound like we're in "violent agreement".

The 2004 team played better defense than this one does. I think its a combination of the mix of veteran personnel we had then and a better defensive scheme than Richard Smith is currently bringing to the table. We definitely had better DBs and, except for DeMeco, better LBs. The effectiveness of that D-line versus this one is probably a wash. Neither consistently dominates/dominated or pressures the opposing QB with regularity.

This year's offense is better than the 2004 offense. But its hard to see it because they keep turning the damned ball over.

And if you want to know why our "season is down the drain"?
In our twelve games this year, we've given up about 290 pts - some of you pencil necks (where is TPN anyway?) feel free to check my math. About 115 of those pts have come after we turned the ball over. You want a reason why our record isn't better, look no farther than that stat. We are not good enough to spot anyone a TD and FG each game. And one of the talking heads today busted out this stat: We are 4-0 when we win the turnover battle. So in my mind, it all boils down to that.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 12-02-2007 at 07:53 PM.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote