Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #49
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You mean the people who didn't give him unmitigated praise when he was playing poorly?

OK. He has had two good games in a row. If he finishes out the season playing this well, he'll get up to average. Yippee!

He's kind of a microcosm of the Texans. He's had a couple of good games and so it is great expectations time - like when the Texans beat New Orleans two weeks ago. The problem is, these exceptional games aren't the realistic level. The usual performance, not the exception, is where he's at..
no the guys that go 'LOOK THEY RAN THAT PLAY RIGHT AT MARIO! HES A BUST!'.. and i think vinny and others are very good posters but everyone can see he/they has a thing for Vince (or other agendas) and are biased against mario in some of their posts--- they show a noticeable lack of posts when mario has a good game

and mario is only in his second yr and has shown a continuous improvement and work ethic/attitude... hes had 3/4 excellent/dominating games out of 12 this yr with many other decent/good performances so far compared to 0 in all of last yr and a couple where hes gone missing (growing pains)

undoubtedly hes our best lineman followed by tj.. and i think hed look even better than now if he had either/both decent secondary or decent bookend opposite him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You're going to love this then. I felt strongly they should pick Mario Williams. Actually, I did prefer trade down but knew that was improbable - first overall picks are seldom worth it.

I'd have been happy with Bush. I didn't want Vince under any circumstances.

In hindsight, I'd take D'Brickashaw or A.J. Hawk. At least they play at a higher level consistently. Hawk and Demeco - not a bad linebacking duo, and they'd still have Weaver at SDE.
not picking on you- just these were the posts i wanted to really respond to

not from what ive seen of him (and i was on his bandwagon).. and weaver sucks as a 4-3 DE so thats not a good reason to pick hawk (although his own play is enough!).. that was the mistake- we shouldve used that money somewhere else
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote