Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #47
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm curious, who would you have picked instead? And don't say "I would have traded down". They tried that, no one bit. So, assuming they didn't lie about trying to trade the #1 for multiple 3rd or 4th rounders, who would you have chosen as the #1 overall pick in 2006. Vince? Reggie? Joseph Addai?

I can't wait to hear this revisionist history.
You're going to love this then. I felt strongly they should pick Mario Williams. Actually, I did prefer trade down but knew that was improbable - first overall picks are seldom worth it.

I'd have been happy with Bush. I didn't want Vince under any circumstances.

In hindsight, I'd take D'Brickashaw or A.J. Hawk. At least they play at a higher level consistently. Hawk and Demeco - not a bad linebacking duo, and they'd still have Weaver at SDE.

The difference is that I'm not letting my initial opinion color all my future observations. I'm also not overestimating his impact just because he's a Texan. I'm willing to admit my mistake and change my opinion based on new evidence. That way I didn't have to rely on those phantom double team explanations in year one, and the "he had 1 tackle and no sacks, but he domminated the line" reasoning of early this year.