Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #38
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Good point, reminds me of how Freeney, Strahan, J. Taylor, and Peppers only get sacks against premier tackles. It's not like every DE gets sacks from protection problems, or against less than pro-bowl quality linemen, just Mario.

Seriously, the level of talent in the NFL is at a point where you hardly ever go against a cup cake. If Mario beats a back-up or gets into the backfield untouched, he still has to bring down Mr. Elusiveness-in-the-pocket himself, who, by the way, took one look at Mario bearing down on him for his second sack and collapsed Carr style without even attempting to evade him. Not a very Vince-like thing to do, wonder if it had anything to do with who he saw bearing down on him? If Mario had gotten juked out of his shoes people would be on here punking him for missing an "easy sack", but since he got him they're out here punking him because it was too easy. Guy can't win with some people. There are a lot of folks who like to point it out when Mario doesn't show up in the stat line, I think they're out of town on weeks when he does.
rep for you, exactly what I was thinking.

I couldn't imagine what the dvr people would do if they saw mario untouched and couldn't get to VY ...

so with the poor lineman the Texans have had along with Carr at Qb should we put an * next to their stats while going against the Texans?

Air comment, that isn't Mario's fault, that is the Titans fault for not accounting for him and putting a hat on him.

or should we put an * by VY's stats for that TD though with the blown coverage being Williams was wide open and VY throws well to WR's when noone is covering them?

(for the record , nice recognition by Vince on that horrible coverage)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote