View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: another season down the drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Have you ever heard of NO salary cap for coaches?

My entire point rests upon the word "AND" that I placed between the words "players" and "coaches."

It doesn't take good players.

It doesn't take good coaches.

It does, however, take BOTH. It's my opinion that we are lacking both.

I am not dense. I know we have been a casualty of the cap for PLAYERS. But the owner can spend a zillion dollars for coaches with no penalty/cap. And, for the UP-TEENTH time...the hiring of Richard Smith reeks of penny pinching.

Maybe you should slow down and re-read before you reply.
I think maybe you are the one that needs to slow down.

Now, I myself have criticized McNair for some of decisions he's made, but I don't have any basis whatsover to state that he's not spending whatever it takes to make the team a winner.

And neither do you. Money is only one of many factors that prospective coaches take into account when they decide what team they go to. You need to back that "penny pinching" accusation up with a lot more than just repeatedly pulling it out of your ass.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote