Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #29
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You mean the people who didn't give him unmitigated praise when he was playing poorly?

OK. He has had two good games in a row. If he finishes out the season playing this well, he'll get up to average. Yippee!

He's kind of a microcosm of the Texans. He's had a couple of good games and so it is great expectations time - like when the Texans beat New Orleans two weeks ago. The problem is, these exceptional games aren't the realistic level. The usual performance, not the exception, is where he's at.

When he plays well consistently, and I don't mean he has to have multiple sacks a game but just have real impact on the opposing offense, then the level rises. Until then, nice game.

I never gave him unmitigated praise but he was the focal point of lashing out. How about trashing more deservidly bad play of others. He has been the most consistant player along the D-Line, of course that is not saying much but to critique his play above all others no matter of draft status or of whom we have signed as a free agent. Weaver has played the worst among any player along the D-Line and he deserves more criticsm than anyone but they only point to Mario.

Like I said he deserves some praise and some bad mouthing but lets be fair about it and not be critical of only one player.

A couple is two last I checked my referance manual and that is not true.