Thread: Mario Williams
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #28
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You mean the people who didn't give him unmitigated praise when he was playing poorly?

OK. He has had two good games in a row. If he finishes out the season playing this well, he'll get up to average. Yippee!

He's kind of a microcosm of the Texans. He's had a couple of good games and so it is great expectations time - like when the Texans beat New Orleans two weeks ago. The problem is, these exceptional games aren't the realistic level. The usual performance, not the exception, is where he's at.

When he plays well consistently, and I don't mean he has to have multiple sacks a game but just have real impact on the opposing offense, then the level rises. Until then, nice game.
Yes, Reggie White level is what we expect from Mario every single game!!!! There's no room for mediocrity in a sophmore year.

Seriously man, he has had a positive impact in every game this year. Some of you posters kill me with your expectations...a record setting year for Mario and you arn't impressed with his progress???!!!!! My gosh man, has anyone here ever played defensive lineman?