View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: another season down the drain

im not as gloomy as alot of people.. obviously im disappointed with how the last few games have gone but we're really beat up which is further exposing our weaknesses (o-line, secondary)...

despite that, we're competitive nearly every week (bar SD, Jax).. and this season we've had some guys continue to improve which will help alot next year- if mario, bennett, tj and co continue to play well, i wont call this season wasted..

im pretty optimistic about next yr*:

we getting pieces:

i like schaub- i see enough bad qb's every week to recognise a keeper and he is one (hoping hes just going through a rough patch injury-wise)

dayne has shown hes a decent rb.. we need a nice faster shifty guy to change things up though.. should be easy to get imo

set at wr and te (OD will be fine)

i want 4 new starters on the o-line (pitts is the only starter after weary's broken leg- never have been sold on eric at rt)

d-line is mostly ok- would like to see us pick up a speed rusher and move mario to LE though.. make weaver a dt or situational guy cos he just isnt getting it done

lb'ers- could go with a new sam if a good ones around but it's not critical imo as it seems to only hurt us when we come up against the likes of K2 or gates

cb- bennett looks like a keeper and a legitimate #2.. we prob need to get another decent guy for nickel/ insurance for dunta

safety- def an area of emphasis.. we need a decent cover guy plain and simple.. but i think cc/ earl/ boulware (unlikely) or some other joe will do at ss

so by my count we need roughly 6 more guys which is pretty doable when we'll have cap room in FA and 3/4 decent picks in the draft.. whatever people say about kubiak, his drafts have been good.. and hes been limited in FA previously (although weaver's signing isnt a great sign).. who knows how dunta and spencer will come back but they're possible starters also.. we're improving and getting more and more competitive

*although even i hope we get a better DC and no more GB/DEN hybrid running game next yr
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote