View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #8
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Ron Dayne has horrible balance and other observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's not about being the problem. He just is not very good. He should really be getting much more yards. Some of these holes are pretty large, and a good RB would break big ones. Ron Dayne just runs for 7 yards.
Just seven yards? I would have killed for seven yards in the age of Gado/Lundy. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that Ron Dayne is a power back. He shouldn't be expected to run with a great deal of speed. I will admit, that since losing Dominic Davis/Williams, my standards have been pretty low in the rushing game department. If only because I knew he'd be hard to replace. With that said, I have been plenty satisfied with Dayne's play. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; we are a passing team. This means that 75 or more yards on the ground should suffice in coordination with the rest of our offense. Dayne's been good for that for the majority of the season, and he's been improving his game. I'm not saying that he is great, but I would say that he has done well in his tenure here. If we'd stop turning the ball over and if our passing game would get back to where it was toward the beginning of the year, we'd win games with Ron Dayne's amount of production.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote