View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007   #51
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
About every third game has been a "statement" game from the fans' view. Generally we got a message we didn't want to hear.
We may not like the answer to these fan-proclaimed "statement" games but that doesn't stop it from being the truth. We are still a couple of players away from being a consistent, playoff-caliber team. We're at least 6-7 second stringers away too, so that performance doesn't fall off a cliff when the starter goes down.

I like the direction we're headed but - and I'm probably preaching to the choir here - we are, at a minimum, a pro-bowl LT, a roadgrader C/G, a shutdown CB, a wide ranging FS, a speedy OLB, and an innovative defensive coordinator from filling all the holes I see.

On the other hand, we're not 20 starters away like we used to be - the only solid players being Dunta and AJ.

Patience GrassHoppas; we have made great progress.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote