View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007   #40
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Nice pat yourself on the back post.

The truth is that in football you have to be lucky and good.

Charles Spencer gets a devastating injury his second game as a Texan.

Ahman Green gets a knee bone bruise is first game as a Texan. Marvin Harrison gets a knee bone bruise part way through his season and hasn't played since.

It's a crap shoot.

Personally I wasn't overjoyed with any part of the Texans running back situation in the offseason, but yeah, I think everyone was hoping for something better.
Is it too far of a stretch to say the VAST majority of fans were absolutely goo-goo ga-ga over the Green signing?

I only remember a handful of posters saying "Slow down, everybody...this is not exactly a sure thing."

Seems I remember it was about the same atmosphere as it was when we signed Eric Moulds. And I was a big partier on the boards when we signed Eric Moulds. I just ate it up, BIG TIME.

Time has tempered my enthusiasm on these sorts of signings. Maybe this offseason, with the supposed cap space freedom, will be a whole new direction. I don't think we've really ever had a chance to sign top-shelf talent, have we?

Seems it was "bargain basement, clearance items" by Casserly the whole time...and all the while trying to spin it as if we had pulled off a major upset victory with Todd Wade, Philip Buchanon, etc.

No more youthful zeal from this fan, related to the "big" signings yet to come.