Thread: So im banned
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007   #62
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So im banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it a point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and insightful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

That's what keeps me coming back. I don't want to toot your horn or anything, but you just happen to be one of them.
Thanks, man. It's the regulars that have kept me coming here for years, too. Which is why I hate a losing product bringing out the worst in some folks and driving quality posting away. I've seen a tendency for posters to start attacking each other when we lose, and it's a mindset that has started to become engrained into a few Texans fans...I guess frustration and a lack of hope will do that to some folks.

But we can't let the monkeys flinging poo take over, so we have to forge ahead and keep hope alive. The team will get over the hump one day, so we just have to be patient and try to enjoy each others' company for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
When are you going to buy the Double Barrel fathead for your wall
Scary thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor View Post
Its kinda funny...on the board I moderate we actually partake in the hazing of the idiots....but I digress.
The Texans FO places very strict guidelines on what behavior they will and will not allow on the official forum. After all, they are an NFL team, so anything they fund can directly reflect back on the organization. Many official forums for other teams have been shut down because of loose or no moderation. It's a privilege the Texans offer with a forum and not a right.

That's why you can have the same admins and mods for the official board and Texans Talk and they have completely different atmospheres. This is a private board, owned by an individual, so there is no corporate structure to dictate policy.

The problem with the official board is that the FO underestimated the forum's value to fans. They screwed up a good thing, the quality members left, so no standards have been established by long time members for peer review and pressure to keep noobs and trolls in line. It's basically a romper-room over there now, and quality thought gets trampled by the rush of poo flingers.