Thread: So im banned
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #42
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So im banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I wouldn't mind you posting it. Sounds good.
Traditional Japanese dish

Okonomiyaki:

ingredients: two cups of rice flour, one egg(you can substiute quail eggs or you can use one large egg and two yolks), two table spoons of white miso paste, half a pound of *cleaned and deveined shrimp (you can also use lobster, crab, crawfish, cuttle fish, squid or girlled pork) 1 cup of shredded cabbage, half a cup of shredded or powdered nori (dehydrated seaweed sheets), 3 tablespoons of shredded yamaimo (optional), 1/4 cup of okonomiyaki sauce, two table spoons of cupie brand mayonaise. 1 tablespoon of red pickled ginger. 2 tbs of oil

You'll need: A griddle or a large pan or other flat cooking surface.

Steps:
Mix the miso paste with enough water to where you make a slurry. set this aside

1. and mix the rice flour with enough water to where you get a nice moderately thick batter. It should be the constency of a good pancake/waffle batter. Mix in the whole egg and beat lightly to where the egg becomes part of the batter, but don't over beat it. At this point add the miso slurry and mix until your batter becomes a nice brownish red.

2. Place the primary ingredients (shrimp/ pork whatever) in on your cooking surface with a little oil and grill them until they are cooked. With the pork it takes a bit longer (for obvious reasons) but with shrimp and seafood it's much quicker.

3. When this has been done add enough batter to the top of the grilling ingredient to cover it completely. Try to keep this in a pancake type shape. Personally I don't like for these things to be bigger than 10-12 inches in diameter, but that's just me.

4. Before this has a chance to set, sprinkle on a layer of cabbage and yamaimo (if you chose to use it) and when it sets cover that layer with a little more batter until it sets.

5. Now comes the tricky part. Flip this (use two spatulas if needed...and they might be) and cook the other side...it won't take as long.

6. set this on a plate and apply the okonomiyaki sauce and shredded nori. squeeze the mayo on (it's in a squeeze bottle) in the pattern of your choice and place some red pickled ginger in the center. If you did this right it'll be light fluffy and beautiful...If not I'm sorry it's been a couple of years since I made one of these.

*the main ingredient is entirely up to you you can even do a combination of the ingredients in question.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 11-29-2007 at 07:47 PM.