Thread: Did you know...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Oh, I agree. I'm a big fan of blitzing defenses, but it takes a really smart coach to do it right. Our blitzes never seem to surprise anyone (well, except that DeMeco hit on Kerry Collins), and there seems to be a vanilla approach to our playcalling, IMO. It never appears that we exploit our opponent's weaknesses...but maybe we just don't have the personnel for it, too.
I agree. Although we might not have the secondary personel to cover man to man, I do believe we have the talent in the front seven to accomplish a blitz. I think you hit the nail on the head by saying "it takes a really smart coach to do it right". I don't think Richard is dumb, but he's definetely overwhelmed by the position he's in by lack of experience.

BTW, the blitz against Cleveland was nice. We sent both Clark and D-Ryans which made Joe Thomas block down on D-Ryans leaving Mario with a wide open shot at the QB. I think it was a mis-read by Thomas, but it was a sight for sore eyes that's for sure.