Thread: Did you know...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I'm not saying to go blitz crazy and expose our secondary, but I am saying that we do need to blitz more than a handful times a game. Travis looks like he is finally starting to develop well, and Mario/Amobi have been getting better. However, Amobi looks like he is starting to get worn down by the length of the season. Weaver has been solid at run support but need more than just Mario getting to the qb. I agree that we have great upside, but a little more blitzing would keep other teams on their toes, rather than them knowing that we run a vanilla defense.
Oh, I agree. I'm a big fan of blitzing defenses, but it takes a really smart coach to do it right. Our blitzes never seem to surprise anyone (well, except that DeMeco hit on Kerry Collins), and there seems to be a vanilla approach to our playcalling, IMO. It never appears that we exploit our opponent's weaknesses...but maybe we just don't have the personnel for it, too.