View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #32
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Who's going to be the new OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
For some reason(s), the thought of Kyle Shanahan as OC does not inspire any confidence in my mind. It is borderline nepotism, and once again, the Texans might fail to spend the money on getting a proven coach on our staff.

I wonder if Kubiak will want to change DC since he's having to find another OC. Another year of Richard Smith's bland defensive schemes and emotion-based playcalling leaves me feeling less than enthusiastic.

Obviously, this is just speculation on my part, tainted by half a decade of mediocrity and losing.
I agree. It would be another example of cronyism and McNair going the cheap route on coaches when coaching is the only thing you can spend loads of money on and not get hamstrung by the salary cap.

but what do I know? McNair knows one thing, making money....and his franchise has done that for him and he could sell it tomorrow and make a few hundred million dollars in windfall. McNair needs to hire some real coaches with experience and credibility. The Texans coaching staff is currently a laughingstock of the league and that includes everyone but Lil'Shanny and Kubes. The offense has been OK but every defensive coach needs to be fired and given the boot.