View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's going to be the new OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Spike had Kingsbury at QB, I wouldn't say he was a below average QB.
Kingsbury didn't start till 2000, which was Leach's first year.

Quote:
In '97 "lil" Ricky outgained UT's Ricky Williams 131-80. In '98 he outgained him again 148-141. As for Nebraska, I remember Nebraska rolling alot of people back in those days and it is hard to find stats from games that happened ten years ago.
For those games, yes; but over the season, no. I'm also pretty sure that Tech lost both of those games.

Quote:
Leach has implemented a pass heavy offense everywhere he has gone, Valdosta State, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Tech. In my opinion, if it were not for Leach then Tim Couch would never have been the number one pick. Then we saw what he did with Heupel in Oklahoma. No matter where Leach coaches he will pass first IMHO.
Where has Leach coached where he's had a good running game? I say Leach runs the spread because it gives his team's the best chance at winning with the talent on their rosters.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, cause if we keep this up we'll need to move it to the college forum.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote