View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #21
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's going to be the new OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I would say that a) Tech tried to be a power running team and b) Spike Dykes refused to pass because he had some very below average QBs, most notably the great Zebby Lethridge and c) Spike was afraid of the pass.

As for all those great RBs under Spike, how many had good games against the top teir talent, espically after the formation of the Big XII? I remember many a rolling by Nebraska in Lubbock.

I think Leech runs the spread because it fits the talent he is able to recruit to Lubbock, if he could get better talent along the O-line and at RB I think he would run more.
Spike had Kingsbury at QB, I wouldn't say he was a below average QB.

In '97 "lil" Ricky outgained UT's Ricky Williams 131-80. In '98 he outgained him again 148-141. As for Nebraska, I remember Nebraska rolling alot of people back in those days and it is hard to find stats from games that happened ten years ago.

Leach has implemented a pass heavy offense everywhere he has gone, Valdosta State, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Tech. In my opinion, if it were not for Leach then Tim Couch would never have been the number one pick. Then we saw what he did with Heupel in Oklahoma. No matter where Leach coaches he will pass first IMHO.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote