View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's going to be the new OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Tech was a power running team for years before Leach arrived. Remember little Ricky Williams? Leach's philosophy is to spread out the defense and throw the ball. I really don't think his scheme would work in the pro's, especially with the huge splits on the offensive line.
I would say that a) Tech tried to be a power running team and b) Spike Dykes refused to pass because he had some very below average QBs, most notably the great Zebby Lethridge and c) Spike was afraid of the pass.

As for all those great RBs under Spike, how many had good games against the top teir talent, espically after the formation of the Big XII? I remember many a rolling by Nebraska in Lubbock.

I think Leach runs the spread because it fits the talent he is able to recruit to Lubbock, if he could get better talent along the O-line and at RB I think he would run more.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 11-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote