Thread: So im banned
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So im banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I stopped going to the official forum. There's alot of immature young posters on there who think they know it all.
I read it all the time but rarely get inspired enough to post. I suppose I should try to set an example, but monkeys flinging poo rarely pay attention to the concept of standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?). Oh I guess they're kinda a little clique that's always giving each other "high-fives" (I think they call it "reps"). I dunno, maybe that's their way of bonding. But they really are fairly tolerant and give us quite a bit of latitude. Apparently more so than the official site ?
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such ?
We have female mods here. You'll have to figure out who is who, though.

Funny comment about "high fives". The overwhelming majority of my own rep has come from regular posters, not mods. I give out positive rep fairly liberally...not that it means much to me, but it is a nice way to prop someone without mucking the threads up with "good post" posts.

Mods don't have banning powers, btw (too bad! ). Seriously, though, that is the power of admins. Mods are just volunteer peace keepers, but more importantly, regular fans just like everyone else. We are no better or worse than anyone in having opinions or being in an emotional elevator from an inconsistent team with a history of losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.
Yet you keep coming back. Glutton for punishment or birds of a feather?