View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The article says this:

Are you saying this isn't true?

They are named the Titans because Nashville is "The Athens of the South." Basically, they want to crib some of Greek history without dealing with the particulars of the Titans--which is that they were kinda gross.

As for the racoon mascot, I have no idea. Maybe because they steal stuff? They like running over people in vehicles? I'd really like to know.
I think it's because Bud uses racoon fur for that thing on his head. I reckon that frickin thing attracts all kinds of critters.