View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007   #105
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's official: Sherman HC at Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
And that's puzzling. While I feel bad for the victims of Katrina, even before all that happened, I never understood the appeal of New Orleans to the NFL for Super Bowls and didn't agree with them "automatically" awarding them a SB after Katrina. It's basically, Miami, then city-with-a-new-stadium, then San Diego, then city-with-a-new-stadium, then Tampa, then city-with-a-new-stadium, and back to Miami to do it all over again. I just don't get it.

I also can say with pretty solid certainty that even though Houston put on a hell of a Super Bowl, we'll never see one again. It will go through the regular Miami-new stadium-New Orleans-San Diego rotation, but will add Dallas into the mix now that THEY have a new stadium. It blows.
Agree. I've partied in N.O. twice. Once when I was rush chairman of my frat in college and once on a New Years. I always feel horrible and remember the smell of urine and trash in the streets. I've never had the urge to go back. Plus I hate the look of the Superdome. That is why I can't stand the Sugar Bowl. It is like playing a game in a Home Depot. Plastic, hard floors and bright lights. Top Bowl Games and Super Bowls should be on grass and the Super Bowls in Miami or San Diego every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
While, I do not have a problem giving a young guy the reigns if he is qualified (I will have to trust Gary on this one), Kyle Shanahan is around 27 and Jason Garrett is 42, quite a difference.
Agreed. Plus Garrett pretty much apprenticed under Aikman and studies the game. A Princeton guy who was always the understudy. I just like his chops better.