View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
to me that just shows that we're young and growing. we have the ability to beat just about anybody when everyone does their job. as more and more guys do their job day in and day out we will become more consistent.

"you've got to admit it's getting better..."

go texans.
Tony Dungy turned thinsg around in Tampa Bay. He left his mark on them, and then Gruden came in and pretty much piggy-backed off the Tony Dungy era. Tony Dungy has done the same thing Indy but has actually been able to see it through and achieve a title there.

Great coaches simply get it done. The Bill Walsh's and the Bill Cowher's of the head coaching world just come in and get it done.

There is something to Gary Kubiak that's not there (currently). I think he MIGHT be on the verge of getting there, but I am not 100% sure he'll make it. The damage done by the previous coaching staff might make it impossible.

It's entirely possible that Gary will serve in the role of Tony Dungy back in Tampa Bay...leaving the Texans in a great place to make the next big step, but never being able to see it through to a title with us.

But at the rate we're going, I just don't see us getting over the hump in the next two years. A lot of stuff has to happen. A lot.