View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007   #31
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
These boards really crack me up.
Last week Schaub was a hero and the coaches could do no wrong.

This week the Texans got beat by a good football team on the road. Yes. It is disappointing to see my team get ***** slapped like they did today.

The only thing that was proven is that the Texans are who we thought they were. A young football team with some serious holes.

This team is young and they are learning. They have not learned how to fight back when they get punched in the mouth. The team played some really uninspiring football today but things will get better.

Keep your heads up and quit panicking everytime they lose. I know it is hard to watch. I know it is easy to just give up and piss and moan about things.

I'm telling ya happy football days are coming to Houston. This organization is building the right way and good things will happen.
The thing is they've been learning like 200 years now, sarcastly of course but man this past game presented a fine contrast between a truly great TE, Kellen Winslow, Jr., and an average/below average TE, Owen Daniels. One player showed the consistent ability to catch everything thrown his way and hang on to the ball no matter how hard he was hit, and the other didn't.

I cracked up at the comment that Daniels is the best TE the Texans have ever had. Yes, that's true, but that's like being the highest skyscraper in Topeka. It's not like the bar has been set very high.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote