View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

really good article about him on the front page. i think/hope what he brings most is experience and attitude. we've got probably the yougest team in the nfl and not enough can be said for guys on the team with the experience and leadership abilities to take the rooks & younguns to another level in their game. we've got that on all fronts in the defense with walker/sharper/glenn but not as much so on offense with carr being the old man at the helm at only 24 years old. at tight end bruener's blocked for bettis, blocked for maddux and others, and caught td passes so he's in a spot to share some wisdom with all of our key positions.

while it's almost common knowledge that bruener is probably the best blocking TE in the game, many worry about his hands. if what the fans in pittsburgh have been saying since his departure is true, he's got GREAT hands ... the problem was their offense simply didnt give him any opportunities. while he's probably not used to catching a 300mph rocket from carr yet, it's always great to have someone who scares linebackers. both as a threat to flatten em when DD gets the ball and to burn em on play-fakes. i just hope he got sufficient work on his knee so he'll be around for us a long while and hopefully help our guys to reach the playoffs. fresh rookies are fun to have around but i'm one who thinks ability & wisdom beats out age & athleticism ... we seem to be putting both together and if healthy our offense could really do some damage.