View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Great post. I agree. I have never seen soo many "fans" change from week to week. You say the Texans are innconsistent, you my friends are the inconsistent ones. I cant believe the negativity here, maybe the other years I could understand but not this!
I understand it.

Herv is a great fan. And so when I see HIM go ballistic like he just did...well, let's just say I take a pause and really stop and think about what he's saying.

You can't be so quick to dismiss a guy like Herv. It's easy to say that YOU are a superfan, that YOU would never abandon the team. But I would dare say that Herv has been on these boards since the boards began, and the guy has talked a lot more football than most people here.

He's been the cheerleader several times. He's been the unbiased critic at times. And I just think he's had it. I think he has bought into the hype for so long that a day like today really gets to him (due to his longevity around here). Can't fault him for being disenfranchised, IMO.

I'm a little ticked off today. Last week felt great, but I didn't really enjoy it much. Wanna' know why? Because of today. Because of knowing that we would probably be back down in the pit again (today). Because of what Herv said in his post: We're a team without an identity.

We can run pass routes (Yay!) but we don't look like a stealthy, strategic team who can outsmart and out-hustle the other team.

When I get to the point that Herv gets to, I just take a big long break from these boards. I take a vacation from it all. But when you lose faith in your head coach, there's not much you can do anymore...you're LOOKING for the head coach to get fired, or take that A&M job, etc. You WANT to make it into the Promised Land THAT badly. You envision Cowher being lured back by a big money to coach a Texans team that juuuuuuust needs a great coach to make it over the hump. You begin to play the "If only" or "Only if" game in your head.

So leave Herv alone, please. He cares about this team. Period. Just like you do. Just like I do.