View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007   #14
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I think the defense's problem (generally, not always) has to do with the fact that when the offense loses momentum, they tend to trap themselves in quicksand (OD fumble. Schaub's sack, INT). It seems as though our team has the ability to overcome 1, possibly 2 mistakes a game...but any more than that and it falls apart. This is probably because our defense gets stuck out there for a while and gets tired. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the line plays very aggressively, and if the offense is ahead, their aggressiveness tends to set up the run pretty well, which in turn wears them out.
That's a good point. It's hard for a defense to play well at all when the offense is losing the TOP battle so badly.

Quote:
I think OD just needs a good old fashioned Tom Coughlin lesson in holding onto the ball. Anyone remember when Tiki "I'm Smarter Than You" Barber had problems? Not anymore, because the coach he hated fixed all of that.
I would rather he get the Kubiak treatment and just disappear from playing time for a little while.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote