View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007   #12
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Agreed. One thing that would help would be to bench Owen Daniels. The tight end is a regular target of Schaub's, thus it would be good to have one that didn't drop the ball/fumble multiple times in one game. Also, a little defense would be nice. When the opposing team gets any sort of momentum, we get run over completely on defense. We more or less gave them 14 points today. This team could play good football, we just don't.

I think the defense's problem (generally, not always) has to do with the fact that when the offense loses momentum, they tend to trap themselves in quicksand (OD fumble. Schaub's sack, INT). It seems as though our team has the ability to overcome 1, possibly 2 mistakes a game...but any more than that and it falls apart. This is probably because our defense gets stuck out there for a while and gets tired. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the line plays very aggressively, and if the offense is ahead, their aggressiveness tends to set up the run pretty well, which in turn wears them out.

I think OD just needs a good old fashioned Tom Coughlin lesson in holding onto the ball. Anyone remember when Tiki "I'm Smarter Than You" Barber had problems? Not anymore, because the coach he hated fixed all of that.

The Titans game this year gave us a flash of what we'll see in the next few years. We'll be able to overcome deficits...we're just missing two or three pieces (RB, maybe an OL or two) on offense, and 3 or 4 on defense (Compliment safety to Hutchins, if we leave him there next season, DE opposite Mario and LB) and we should be set. Knowing Kubiak and Smith, I would expect it to be no more than 2 years to be all but set, and next year to need maybe 2 or three more pieces total.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote