View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004   #30
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Historically, the left side of the 3-4 plays the run and pass defense, while the right side is more of a run stopper and pass rusher. Wong hasn't shown great production at getting to the passer in his opportunities, but maybe Fangio knows something we don't. Who knows.....Any thoughts?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that Wong's sack opportunities are limited because of being on the left side. I think he should definately have more sacks this year. And since Babin will be on the left side, if he gets 6-8 sacks that would be awesome. Like the general consensus, I hope he can catch on to the coverage aspect of his position rather quickly. I would like to see Foreman as our backup ILB, because that would mean that we would have someone better manning the position. The weak DL argument for last year does not apply to 2002 as pointed out by V. He is a solid backup, that's it.