View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007   #35
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blue Crew: Texas Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's all about bowl affiliations. I think the Texas Bowl includes affiliations with The Big 12, Big East and Conference USA. So depending on where they finish in their respective conferences is how they determine who will be invited. That match-up would be pretty sexy for the Bowl promoters and I think other bowls may shy away from A&M because of the 'Farewell to Fran' tour.. UH missed their opportunity to go back to the Liberty Bowl after that Tulsa fiasco...

Don't get me wrong - I'm not counting them out. It would be huge attendance wise for the Bowl. I think it's more likely they'll be at the Sun Bowl or Independence Bowl or something.

And the Coogs aren't out of it. Rice needs to somehow beat Tulsa this weekend. If that happens and the Coogs win, they've got a shot.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote