View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007   #117
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blue Crew: Saints Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post
who's making fun of you, I was just saying I couldn't believe you would do this. Just expressing my dis-belief. As for the long absence part, I just choose to not respond to many, if any, threads. This one I found so incredulous that I felt the need to add my input, thats all. If you truly feel you have done nothing wrong, then why the need to get defensive at all?

Diana says hi back, and see ya Sunday, probably after the game, as usual.

as for the BTW comment, I am here in 'invisible' mode most of the times. I never really left, I just don't participate in as many threads as I used too.

Ok boys and girls I didn't go to the high learning schools of Texas. In Mississippi they didn't teach us these big words so I went to webster to find out what incredulous means. After much research I've found that the word is actually a word and I can now use it during a game of scrabble.

incredulous

Main Entry: in·cred·u·lous
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)in-ˈkre-jə-ləs, -dyə-ləs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin incredulus, from in- + credulus credulous
Date: 1579
1 : unwilling to admit or accept what is offered as true : not credulous : skeptical
2 : incredible 1
3 : expressing incredulity <an incredulous stare>
— in·cred·u·lous·ly adverb
usage Sense 2 was revived in the 20th century after a couple of centuries of disuse. Although it is a sense with good literary precedent—among others Shakespeare used it—many people think it is a result of confusion with incredible, which is still the usual word in this sense.

Thank you thegr8fan I've learned something new.