View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007   #321
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You know, I always respect your opinion, but I think you are missing the point here Frog... This isn't about bringing Vince down, he's done that to himself by his performance. This is about rubbing the nose of the arrogant VY man-crushers in 'it', and bringing them back to earth. Vince may be something some day. But right now, he nor, RB, nor Mario are worth a top 10 pick let alone top 3 pick. I choose Mario, because thats the player that is the Houston Texan.

I would have never, ever chosen VY #1, from watching him school... Remember people flaunting (VY's senior year) - having the highest completion percentage rate in the Nation??? Geez, I can remember a certain QB in Houston, that owned that same exact stat for a little while in the NFL and what did it mean?? NADA!! I had criticized VY's throwing then, and said that if he ever wanted to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to be a passer. At Texas, he was surrounded by terrific athletes, who at times helped him look good (again, see Limas Sweed on some of those fade routes).

I will grant you that he is an amazingly gifted athlete, AND a terrific college QB, but that doesn't always translate to Sundays. Prime example was Major Applewhite; great college QB that didnt translate to Sundays although he is obviously on the college coaching fastrack.

The difference here Frog, is that I have never waivered on my assessment of VY as a QB. Not saying it won't happen for him some day, just saying he has a long, long way to go to be an NFL QB.

TB, thanks for the assessment. I'm not trying to push a button and act like there aren't good arguments, as you have made, against VY. I also have said I understand that there is an overwhelming VY love that borders on insane that people have a backlash too. You are one of the posters I respect alot and I know that you have your reasons. I just see it sometimes though and the guy can't throw an int without brouhaha(wanted to use that ) over how bad he sucks. I guess since I didn't go to UT or wasn't a big rival I just always enjoyed the guy playing. He definitely isn't having a good year. I just think that some people who aren't really analyzing it don't get that him sucking doesn't make our choice any better if they suck over time too. At least I got to bring Buffalo Bill into the equation.