View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007   #315
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
My point still stands...despite the love for many in the thread I think the obsession with bringing VY down to make ourselves feel better about our also below average pick is bordering on obsessive.

Put the lotion in the basket

You know, I always respect your opinion, but I think you are missing the point here Frog... This isn't about bringing Vince down, he's done that to himself by his performance. This is about rubbing the nose of the arrogant VY man-crushers in 'it', and bringing them back to earth. Vince may be something some day. But right now, he nor, RB, nor Mario are worth a top 10 pick let alone top 3 pick. I choose Mario, because thats the player that is the Houston Texan.

I would have never, ever chosen VY #1, from watching him school... Remember people flaunting (VY's senior year) - having the highest completion percentage rate in the Nation??? Geez, I can remember a certain QB in Houston, that owned that same exact stat for a little while in the NFL and what did it mean?? NADA!! I had criticized VY's throwing then, and said that if he ever wanted to make it in the NFL, he's going to have to learn how to be a passer. At Texas, he was surrounded by terrific athletes, who at times helped him look good (again, see Limas Sweed on some of those fade routes).

I will grant you that he is an amazingly gifted athlete, AND a terrific college QB, but that doesn't always translate to Sundays. Prime example was Major Applewhite; great college QB that didnt translate to Sundays although he is obviously on the college coaching fastrack.

The difference here Frog, is that I have never waivered on my assessment of VY as a QB. Not saying it won't happen for him some day, just saying he has a long, long way to go to be an NFL QB.