View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007   #280
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Talent around him doesn't throw the ball to the wrong shoulder on a slant route that results in bouncing off the receiver's back shoulder (where the reciever never had a chance) and into the hands of the d-back covering him... Sorry.

What play did he make Sunday??.. The first TD reception that he's thrown in 5 or 6 weeks had to be hauled in by one hellavu catch from the reciever.

Bust??! No, I am not ready to call him a bust after a season and a half. Steve McNair took a few years to figure out the passing game in the NFL. But to not think that he's regressed and looks completely lost is looking through rose colored glasses.
TB, I never said the guy was doing well. He obviously is having a tough season and looks pretty crappy at times. He definitely looks lost at times. I'm not some VY or UT homer. I just think the guy is a really good player whom I respect. I think as times goes on he will figure it out a little more. I know it sucks all the time to hear...."we should have taken VY" but it isn't VYs fault and I think 14 pages of trying to make the guy out to be the anti-Christ is a little bit of sour grapes since we have our own problems with who we picked. Him sucking isn't going to cover the fact that we have our own sucking going on. That's my main problem. But they don't have jack on the team to help him so we will see. I'd like to see what he does this off-season. He has always stepped up when questioned so it will be interesting. Overall I'm not defending his play as much as wondering why people are just trying to feel better about our misery since that is all we have heard about...VY.