View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007   #276
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.
I dont find it completely asinine at all considering the following:
a) He's a local guy
b) He became the savior of a perenial powerhouse (God it pained me to say that), that brought a National Championship back to an illustrious program with about 50,000 students enrolled each year.
c) Many who pimped him in college wanted him to be drafted by the Texans (what a Cindarella story for the hometown guy to come home) - but was never really in the mix
d) The rivalry between schools like Texas & Texas A&M fuel the fire.(sorry Fresno State v. Cal Berkley ain't the same - so I guess you wouldnt get it)
e) That fat, cheap suit wearin', drunkard, with a bad rug that ripped our Oilers drafted him. Not because of the advice of Fisher and Chow who wanted to draft Leinart, but only to stick it to the city where that a-hole made his fortune.
f) Divisional rivalry with said loser in 'e)' above and his Tinnbreads from Tennessee.
g) Heck, some of us, our high schools were rivals to Madison.
h) Some of us were always correct about his passing abilities, or there lack of.
i) Is it man-love or dogging?? I mean in one sentence you talk about 13 pages and man-love, then in the very next sentence you mention 13 pages of 'dogging'... which is it???
j) We used to bash Gary Coleman errrrrrr, Byron Sandwich and he has NO local ties other than having played for a divisional rival... Dont think for a minute that we can't ride out a thread on 'he who walks on water' and his over-hyped NFL existence.

Quite the balls to tell Texans fans that they should 'let it die'.. That makes as much sense as me going to gotits.com and telling them to stop calling us 'Moos'.. Stupid - huh?? (by the way, the whole 'Moo' thing is pretty weak and doesn't really offend me in the slightest).

He is terrible and this is Texans message board. We can run this thread throughout his entire career if we so choose. We not only beleive what we are saying about him - many of us are gloating over it...

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-13-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote