View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007   #252
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Yeah Bill ya know but ya know all he does is ya know win games.

The 2nd half against the Jags we played no huddle & he was much more comfortable. The Titans are trying to teach him to play QB from the pocket & it's fugly.

I'm not at all surprised Texans fans are laughing their butts off. Longterm if he masters it we'll be in a good position. If he can't do it & they go back to using him out of the shotgun & the spread offense he'll always be known as a running QB but we'll still be in a decent position.
LMAO, ya know...

I dont know that he looked anymore comfortable than the Jags just got caught off balance. Once they adjusted it was the same ol story. I was reading a thread on GoTitans.com where people were hinting to a possible tiff between Chow and Young.. From what I remember, Fisher and Chow, both wanted Leinart (SC - of course) and that it was entirely Bud's decision to go with VY. Anyway, he still has a chance to develop into a pocket passer - because it didn't come overnight for McNair either. The difference is, McNair could throw the ball decent prior to learning to be a pocket passer. VY is a terrible passer, and I dont know that its something that can be corrected or not.

I hope he does stay in the spread offense. It doesn't take too long for teams to figure offenses out in this league.. See the run-and-shoot.. The spread offense is, for all itents and purposes, a cousin to the run-and-shoot.