View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007   #240
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.
I never said it was the only reason for the Civil War, I was just saying that when I was learning about the Civil War it was the main reason I was taught. I'm talking about actual test questions were like "What was the major reason for the Civil War" and of course the answer was "slavery".

And I agree, enough about this.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote