View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007   #220
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

Rich Gannon was critical of many of VY's throws throughout the game today.
Pretty much dead on right there. He looks great on curls, but when the target is moving, he struggles, he'll maybe hit 2 out of 5 accurately, the rest will be the WR making a great play. In college he could get away with being inaccurate largely b/c he was throwing to top talent & the windows are larger- that's if he even had to throw. In the pros, the window is substantially smaller.

The book is out on him is all you're seeing now. Teams are forcing him to beat them with his arm & he can't quite do it just yet b/c he hasn't had to do that consistently..... ever. Time will tell if he can or cannot. I read on the titans MB that some are blaming Fisher/Chow's offense which i can definitely see a little, but red zone int's, hitting WR's accurately, reading the defense & generally getting on the same page with your WRs isn't on the coaches, it's your QB.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote