Thread: my mock
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005   #14
Wild Bill
Rookie

Robaire Smith only had 2 sacks because there is not another threat on the line for them to leave Robaire one on one. I have said before, and will say it again, the Texans need a show stopper in the middle of that line. Somebody like Sam Adams, Casey Hampton, and how Tony Saragusa use to play. A guy of that size in the middle of the line clogging up running lanes and requiring at least two blockers on run assignment will free up Robaire Smith, Gary Walker, and our pass rushing outside linebackers to have a field day racking up tackles behind the line of scrimmage and sacking the quarterback. The nose tackle from USC - Patterson, I think, seems to be that kind of player. He's quick on his feet, gets into the centers chest quickly off the line, and reaks havic. He wont be the Texans pick at 13, if they stay there, but a real possibility for them in the second round if he's still on the boards. I have a sneeky suspicion that S. Cody will be wearing the Battle Red next year.

Roderick Wright would have been an unbelievable pick in regards to the Texans needs had he opted out of his senior season.

Along the lines of getting Derrick Johnson, forget it. That guy is probably the best, pure football player in this draft. He will be an instant starter and Pro Bowl caliber player for many years to come. The teams ahead of the Texans do have areas of need more pressing than Linebacker, but he's the type player that teams will choose regardless of their needs because he's just that good. I won't be surprised to see San Fran. take him with the first pick overall and make a run for Leirnart next year. They are almost certain to have the first pick again next year and Leinart is certainly a much more polished quarterback than either Rogers or Smith.

For the wishful dreamers, I'm afraid your going to wake up cold and dissappointed when you see Derrick Johnson long gone before pick #13.
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote