View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't agree with that. He's pretty wet behind the ears to be thinking bust at this point. In the event that his injury was career ending (hoping honestly that it was not) then it would be a very terrible thing to happen to him but I would still not say he was a bust. At least not for reasons other than unfortunate circumstances. Recievers in their first season typically don't light things up. They can't all be first year wonders.

Plus (much like our own Andre Johnson) he wasn't exactly catching the ball from a veteran pro bowler or anything. Harrington was in his second year (and second coaching staff, that can't be a good thing for his development) and I expect Rodgers will get better. It's just too soon to even worry about him busting though (other than from, as I mentioned an injury). These guys take some time to adjust to the NFL and Rodgers only got what? 5 games? On a team with just about nobody else to worry about? IMO he's lucky he put up even average stats given the situation.