View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

With the 18th Pick in the NFL Draft the Bengals select:

Marcus Spears DE, LSU

Height: 6'4
Weight: 297lbs
40-yd: 4.80

The Bengals are in desperate need of a dominant force on the defensive line. Their more pressing need is DT, but there really wasn't a DT that I thought was worth a pick this high. Spears has the added versatility to play either DE or DT. He can give an added pass rush from the inside, and he's very good at stopping the run. He is among the best athletes you'll find at his size since he was once a TE at LSU. I considered trading the 18th pick in order to move down a few slots but with teams such as Houston looming who could really use young talent on the DLine I felt it best to get Spears while I could.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote