View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005   #12
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19807 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 10th pick in the 2005 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Justin Tuck DE/OLB Notre Dame.

There's always a mystery player that shoots up the board out of nowhere, & this year will be no exception. The Lions need a pure speed rusher on the DL to replace Cory Redding. With James Hall on the right side, Tuck on the left side, & Shaun Rogers on the inside, Detroit should have one of the very best DL's in the NFL.

Tuck is 6'5" 261lbs. & has the frame to add another 10-20lbs., without losing his speed & quickness. He runs a 4.56 40 yard dash & is a terror on pass rushes. He should have no problems getting around the TE & his quickness will allow him to run around most OL. He's got several very effective pass rushing moves & just needs to refine his techniques. He added 15 pounds of muscle from his sophmore year to his junior year (He's actually a senior, but ND lists him as a junior) He's stronger than his 261lbs would suggest & when he adds another 10-20 lbs of muscle he should be unbeatable. He reminds me of Jevon Kearse.

He'll have to be used as a situational pass rusher at first, but will eventually take over as the starter. I didn't plan on taking him this high, but no one seems to want to make a trade & I felt he's too good to wait until the 2nd round to see if he's still on the board. So, there you go.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote