View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeymousepad
If we get him it will be Pitts kicked off. Most positions only have a 3 year learning curve where at the end of it the player must be good enough to earn his spot, not just take it because he's young and hasn't proven himself. Look at DCarr most analysts said that the pressure is on after only 2 years and he has to run a whole offence not just push guys around. Pitts isn't getting much better.
So if that's true then how do you get Pitts going out the door? 2004 was his first year at guard right? Shouldn't he be looking at two more years based on the "3 year learning curve" or at the very least a second year?

I think that I will be very surprised if the Texans take an offensive lineman with either their first or their second round pick. I believe that the unit you see starting on opening day will be the same one that you saw on the field against the Browns (with a possible exception in the event of an unexpected big free agent signing).

We've seen the last of rookies starting on our line for the near future. From this point forward I think you're looking at another two years before a rookie even smells a starting spot on the line.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote