View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007   #60
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Considering that in 4 games this year he has yet to throw for 200 yards, has run for 50 once, thrown a total of 3 TDs while running for only 1, I'd have to say that your analysis is far from accurate. Even last year he only threw for 200 yards or more in 4 of his 13 starts.

If you go to his page on NFL.com you can see that through 4 games his averages are very similar to last year's unspectacular numbers.

He averages around 146 yards passing per game, runs for 30 something yards per game, throws more INTs than TDs and has a QB rating in the 60's.
Ouch.

Would you please stop quoting these meaningless statistics? You are wrecking (as in totally refuting) a perfectly good fanlove argument.

My position remains that Vince is just not that effective. I rank him a middle of the pack NFL starting QB in terms of "all that he does" for the team. However he has rare physical gifts and may with time get better, that is assuming he finds time to practice when not giving bitter TV interviews.