View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007   #110
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Breaking it down to its "base components", I think this has to do with appearances and perception. When you see games in Cleveland and Oakland, just how many fans sporting the opposing team's colors do you see in the "Dawg Pound" and "Black Hole" respectively?

Is it somehow WRONG to want at least some of the same reputation garnered for the Bull Pen? I certainly hope not, because that's EXACTLY what the Texans brass touted the section to be for in the first place!

The most fun I ever had in the "old days" of the Oilers, was sitting in a 'cheap seat' bleacher section behind the endzone w/ my father. I wanted a PSL location that would fairly replicate that experience. AFTER I signed up for endzone seating, the Texans "created" the Bull Pen and offered it up as an "option" for me. It certainly sounded like where I personally wanted to be.

While I'd love the whole house to be "rockin", I understand that there will always be the brokered seats and the "shaken, not stirred" crowd to keep that reality from ever really happening.

What I failed to anticipate (and I think the point of this WHOLE THREAD), is that this would happen to the Texans own "rowdy-by-design" section, intended for the Die-Hards, crazies, etc. I've always told people that if the game ever got boring, I suspected the "Section" wouldn't.

Last edited by disaacks3; 10-06-2007 at 12:55 PM.