View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007   #139
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Maybe I'm just jealous that I didn't get to attend those Rose Bowls (I am!).
Yeah, I was very fortunate to go those games and they were amazing.

It's such an amazing feeling to know your team is going to win down by 12 with about 5 minutes left. Everyone just knew where I was around.

I was never a big VY fan when he was at Texas.

The next morning after the USC game, I got to thinking about how I was always second guessing VY and his abilities. Then I realized, he had done more for me as a fan of one of my favorite football teams than any other player ever.

Vince is in Tennesse now, which is fine by me because I feel so fortunate to root for him while he was at Texas and delivered the goods. Some people never get that feeling from their team ever.

With that in mind, that doesn't mean I have to hold him in such disdain as a lot of other people on this board do. Further, having that position, doesn't make me any less of a Texan fan.

Not to mention, it wasn't Vince's decision!

A lot crap gets slung my way because I don't bang on VY like they do or I call them on it. Maybe if they relaxed a little bit and tried to understand a different perspective, they would understand where I am coming from.