Thread: Defense
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that they were going for the turnovers. I personally like that.. but that isnt the reason we didnt have a pass rush. you can generate a pass rush with 4 guys.. if they are talented. It wont be a consistent or dominating pass rush.. but it will be good enough to work with our scheme. Then when we REALLY want to rush the passer, we will have a good chance of getting to him.

Anywho.. Yah when we sent an extra LB we could generate more of a rush.. heck.. if we sent all 11 of em we could generate a great pass rush.. but you gotta have people in coverage. And you gotta mix it up.. keep running the same plays and the offense will figure it out and tear you apart. So.. we rushed 3 LBs when we could.. and we rushed Dunta when we could.. but if we had done it too much.. it would have hurt us instead of helped us.

I just think we need to give it more time. Lets get our front 7 fixed up and see where we are.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote