View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007   #68
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: front row bull pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I just don't understand why you guys get so upset over opposing fans sitting in the Bull Pen.

I have a hunch they named that section the Bull Pen and market it a certain way because how do you sell seats that are going to bake in the sun during the first part of the season. Now, we don't even have that issue.

There is a secondary market for tickets, it happens for all entertainment events. This isn't unique to Reliant Stadium or the Bull Pen for that matter. How are you going to stop that? You aren't!!!! This is AMERICA!!!!

It's a FREE COUNTRY, if someone can obtain a ticket lawfully, they are allowed to sit in the seat regardless as long as they follow the rules perscribed by the stadium no matter who you are or what team you root for. End of story!
This was very well said by Mr Hollywood Texan.
The best way to alleviate this problem, is to talk to the people selling tickets and try to figure out a way to compensate them for games they aren't making and getting those tickets to Texans fans for reasonable value.

You guys are taking the approach of beating people over the head instead of really trying to solve the problem. Your just flapping your gums in the wind. Try and find some solution where people are compensated.

For me personally, I do sell tickets to games I can't make. I have tried to sell tickets posting on this board to Texans fan, but there is a fair amount of grief that I recieved from it and some want some sweetheart deals. Other tickets, I give away to family and friends, and some of them root for the opposing team!

Just so you know, in my experience, opposing fans pay the most money for tickets! Go figure! Also, I gave all tickets away for the first 4 years but grew tired of it for various reasons I won't get into.

Not all season ticket holders are going to live Houston. Furthermore, not every season ticket holder is going to be able to go to every game. That is why there is a secondary market. It happens. Get over it!

I think you guys need to relax. It's a FREE COUNTRY and if you can pay for it, it's yours!

One other thing, just because someone doesn't agree with you on this topic, doesn't make them any less of a Texan fan than you! So get that out of your head too.

Hit me with bad rep all you want. I'll know who you are and wear it like a badge of courage!
This was very well said by Mr. Hollywood Texan.