View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I think it may be possible to trade down some spots and still get Brown, that way we could get another 2nd round pick.
good point & I thought long & hard about this as I realize this is a high draft pick for a guard, but he is clearly the #1 talent at his position in the draft, this addresses the Texans #1 need, he will be able to start immediatly (which position & for whom I really haven't come to any conclusion on, maybe some help here?).
and as last years draft taught us taking your top guy with your #1 pick can be very effective, maybe not sexy but effective. IMO every team needs one but are second guessing everyone else trying to steal them, in this case its not worth the risk. Does anyone still remember the 2003 draft debate? the Texans really wanted to draft Jorden Gross (I remember several Mock Drafts with him listed as the Texans pick) but rightfully went to the higher skilled WR position in AJ, Gross slipped to Carolina with the 8th pick had a very good rookie year & a big reason why the Panthers made it to the Superbowl. Let me tell you all right now, Elton Brown is a far better prospect at this stage, he is bigger, quicker & more atheltic. The Texans should be happy if he's still on the board at #13
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote