Thread: 2005 Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Odds are that if you want Mister Hawthorne you will hav eto trade up to get him. With the thinnning talent at DT he is likely a to go before we pick.
I disagree that he'll go before the 13th pick. I see Aaron Rodgers, Cedric Benson, Alex Smith, Alex Baron, Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle, Thomas Davis, Erasmus James, Cadillac Williams, Pacman Jones, Ronnie Brown, Justin Miller, Carlos Rogers, Marlin Jackson, David Pollack, & possibly Travis Johnson being drafted before Hawthorne. That's as many as 17 players. Now, I wouldn't trade down any farther than the 19th pick, because I would expect Dallas to take him at the 20th pick. Also, if I were to trade down, it would be for a pick next year. Perhaps a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Once again if you want Baas he is unlikely to be there at our second third. At the first third, maybe; he's one of the top three OG in this draft.
You might be right about Baas, but there are several other quality players that would be available.
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote